Monday, October 25, 2010

TOMORROW

Tomorrow I leave DadPerson in charge and take off for the 2010 World Percheron Congress in Des Moines. My ever-faithful traveling companion, Cooper, will not be going. I have not told him this yet, but he sees the bags and is becoming suspicious. Hopeful, even.
He is afraid of normally-sized horses. I hate to think what meeting 800 Draft horses might do to him. We will be at the fairgrounds, I am told, from 6 in the morning until after 10pm. EVERY DAY.
I was going to make stuffed manicotti to take so Susie doesn't have to cook but I guess not. Transporting it, frozen, could be a real challenge.
So I am hoping to overwhelm the blog with photos of gorgeous horses and interesting people. I should take  some release forms. I will have to make them out. Hmm.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bev! I'm watching the local news here in good old Iowa www.kcci.com and they are doing a story on the big show right now. Looks AMAZING!! I want to try to get down there to see a bit of it though I'm not nearly as dedicated as you. BIG DEAL is what they keep saying on the story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lois, buster,& miss sally whoOctober 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM

    can't wait...to me draft horses are what a horse is supposed to be...its form & function...i know horses can & do so much more but the biggons...they just do it for me.

    signed,
    jealous in jersey

    ReplyDelete