Thursday, January 12, 2012

YESTERDAY

Yesterday Mr. Husband was gone almost all day. I turned on my music (am currently on a Yo Yo Ma kick) and read to Nigel.
I haven't read aloud since the kids were little and the "baby" will be 37 in a couple of weeks.
It was fun to read to someone even if he wasn't real responsive and it wasn't a Basset book either, but TINKER,TAILER,SOLDIER, SPY by John LeCarre.
I decided that since his books, always an excellent read, are also extremely confusing to me I would stand a better chance of figuring the sub-plots out if I could read it, rather than see it as a movie where I only had one chance to decipher all the little tangents that turn out to be vitally important.
I love a good mystery and even more, a good spy story. The end of the Cold War unfortunately (not that I wanted it to continue) robbed the spy community of a perfect background.
So anyway Mr. Nigel and I are about halfway through the book and
my guess is he understands it a lot better than I do.

And here is our snow. I should probably get my Van off the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment