Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A MESS OF STUFF

Nigel is home from his stay at the Vetspital with his nebbeminds looking more like Frankendog than Nigel. He is a little low key, not so much that he couldn't get up the strength to whine for 40minutes straight last night.
I managed to get him on the bed without tearing any stitches out so that I could do his morning ablutions. In the middle of that Conley and Doc began banging on the back door to come in, so I dashed around the corner to let them in and had no more started Nigel up again than Doc peed on the floor in front of me. So bellowing at him, I left Nigel on the bed with a cath in place and shoved puppy out the door, but of course, I could not go out with him.
I returned to Nigel who was perfectly peaceable and with Doc pounding on the back door managed to finish up. Then I cleaned up puppy pee and let the little monster back inside. And as I pass the bed I hear lick lick lick lick which takes a moment to register: dog licking incision WHOA!!!DOG LICKING INCISION??
I grab the inflatable collar and put it on Nigel:


Have you ever


                                    Seen such a dirty look from a dog?

Then I ordered the postcards for the Gallery Holiday sale except that at the end I discovered they had for some reason billed someone else. I tried to call but their customer service is down due to weather.
Where ARE these people located? Is it typhoon season?

And here I sit, waiting patiently for the next catastrophe.

Oh. And I ordered the new wood-bristled Chris Christiansen dog brush. My name will go all over this thing. These are the things that walk away at dog shows. I lost another Christiansen brush that way.
These aren't cheap brushes. If you had told me 20 yrs ago that I would be shelling out for a special dog brush, I probably would have....well...I was probably doing it then, too.

Nigel, by the way, HATES that collar.


4 comments:

  1. I love the look on Nigel's face -- poor guy. Sending lot of drool for quick healing and loss of the collar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't help but giggle! Is definately a dirty look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvette and The Leia HoundOctober 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

    I thought forsure that Doc was the 'licker' Healing thoughts for Sir Nigel
    Yvette and The Leia Hound

    ReplyDelete
  4. buster wore the donut of shame during his post surgeries last year. the first one was too large & he came walking over to me one day & promptly spit out the plug at me..tail wagging. damn him! after that he got to wear the rigid insurance collar..which he hated even more.

    poor nigel. good thing he can't climb up on your bed at night or i would be sleeping with one eye open because that is the look of a dog who would kill you in your sleep.

    ReplyDelete